I find myself and so many other girls around me struggling with insecurity. We live in a world that is constantly telling us who we are and who we’re supposed to be. With our minds crowded with so many voices telling us who we are or who we aren’t, we find ourselves questioning our true identity. We put effort into becoming the person whom one person wants us to be, just to be shot down by someone else. Eventually we find ourselves in a desperate and discouraging cycle of trying to please everyone around us, and find ourselves feeling like a failure. So how do we break the cycle and find confidence in the midst of our insecurity? The only place we can find hope and acceptance is in God’s grace. God sees our failure, our hurt, our flaws, and he says “I love you anyway.” God meets us where we are, knowing every single ugly thing about us. Every horrible thing about ourselves, every lie we’ve forced ourselves to believe, every time we’ve messed up, was nailed to the cross when Jesus sacrificed himself. They’re gone, we’re free from our sin, from the lies. In God, through his grace, we find our identity. Not only does God accept us, but he tells us who we are. The devil tries to tell us that we don’t fit in, that we’re ugly, that we don’t have anything to contribute to the world, that we’re insignificant. He makes us ask why God would love someone like us? But God tells us who we are in him.
- You are divinely loved- Isaiah 54: 10 – For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain…
- You are a princess– Galatians 3:29- And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.
- You are beautiful– Psalms 139:14- Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous how well I know it!
- You are strong– Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength..
- You have all you need– 1 Timothy 6:17- …Their trust should be in God who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment
- He has a plan for your life –Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you,”says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Your life has a purpose– Jeremiah 32:39- And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever…
- You are free from your sin– Galatians 5:1- So Christ has truly set us free, Now make sure you stay free and don’t get tied up in slavery to the law
- You are his daughter– Galatians 3:26- for you are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ
- You are his disciple– Matthew 28:19 – Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and the Son and the Holy Spirit
- You are accepted – Psalms 73:23- Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand
- You are able– Ephesians 2:10- For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the things he planned for us long ago
Post featured on Crown of Beauty Magazine blog